Sunday, May 2, 2010

With Death Beds Below


Outline silkscreened, color printed out on the epson
There are five prints in this set with the same imagery, the only thing that changes are the poems written within them and the color within the cross.

“All Open”

My silence has no meaning

Ask and ask again

There is your answer

No long paragraph

Biography

Or essay

Just five coherent words

The figments I have become are ruthless beings

Don’t ask me to explain myself

My thoughts I can’t bring home

I’m a tongue-tied mouth

A fumbled explanation

So listen please

Wont you listen

Listen

Listen


“Erasing its way”

Questions rejected

Spit out

Dispersed

My stubborn head shielded by skin

All I ever seem to have are bad thoughts

A constant nagging glared vibrant

I woke to the sound of an animal dying

Attacking some imaginary demon

I’m perplexed by endless headaches

Yearning to face calm waves of rage

Gouged by a muted light

Cringing

Stepping into the sun, I vanished


“Bearings”

Unsettling unrest to reach the end

A systematic nature

A lifetime to conclude what upsets my stomach

I have come to dislike what I have found

An uneasy realization to awaken to

But its there

Teeth bearing and all

There will be room for error

There will be

So failure grit your teeth at hells mouth

And move forward


“Deathbeds”

Answered by silence, I repeated my question

Swept by calm, yet frustrated

I can’t feel my body

Can’t find registration, lost

Finally, after what it seemed like ages, time spoke

You’re dying

You can rest


“Thaw”

I thaw, in memory of every bitter winter

I drink my warmth of a last light

Yet what’s in that but regret?

I have been filling my glass half full with piss

How could I have misplaces me, myself?

I’d feel better off alone

I’d feel better by myself

So lets call it a day

In fields of sunshine, I thaw

I thaw







No comments:

Post a Comment